I loved this typography assignment.
We had to choose a typeface that fit a person, a place, and a thing. Then we had to cut out the letters individually and display them in a creative way that added to the word.
These are the strongest pieces. I used watercolor paper for added texture.
I chose a lifeguard-ish typeface and used spray inks diluted with water to create a reef effect. I finished it off with stamping fish to signify depth. Keeping the letters from blowing off the baseline was the most difficult part about this design.
I wanted to keep this design clean and let the type shine on its own. I hand-cut a stencil and added a couple rhinestones for simple elegance.
This project taught me a lot about patience. I had to redo these a few times to get the results I wanted.